Owlship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG forum based on the world of the Watchmen, created by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Citizen

PostSubject: Avatar, AJ Brentwood   Avatar, AJ Brentwood EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 4:29 am

Name
AJ Brentwood

Codename

Sex
Male

Appearance
Half Caucasian, Half Indian, light brown skin, but piercing gold eyes. dark, long, hair, tied back.
his costume is based loosely on the appearences of Hindu Gods, Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. wearing blue and gold, and blue paint over his face and body.

Alignment
Masked Vigilante, Lawfull Good

Personality
Very good, believes in the potential for humanity. will not kill, but racism drives him to the brink. admires Veidt and DM.

Abilities/Fighting style
Trained in some Martial Arts to a high level, 6 months Kung Fu Training, 8 years practice.
Very High intelligence,
Slight immunity to Psionics, dormant psychic traits.
Home made weapons, based on doctor manhattan's abilities, mostly non lethal.

History
Born in 1960 to a moderately wealthy middle class family of an Indian mother and a British father, AJ grew up in Suburban London, fascinated by news of vigilantes in America he grew up idolising Dr Manhattan, and Ozymandias. he was an extremely intelligent child and was driven by his idols to study hard, and to not tolerate crime. at age 7 AJ started learning Karate as a hobby, and soon became adept, and took on other martial arts.
At Age 11, his mother was killed in a Racially motivated attack, this drove AJs father to despair, and his only consolation was that their son was doing well, AJ had to give up martial arts lessons, because his father could no longer afford them on one salery, but AJ kept up his practice at home.

His mother's death led AJ to learn more about his indian anscestry, becoming more and more interested in Hindu Mythology and symbolism, aswell as fuelling a hatred of the lawless gangs in london and other cities.

After finishing VI form college, aged 18, AJ spent a year travelling and visited India, and Vietnam, where he went to visit the fields of the US Victory, he met a Kung Fu master, and began to learn Kung Fu.
he then returned home briefly before finding that he had been accepteed to MIT in the US, with the Veidt Scholarship, it was his dream come true, and he soon went to the US where he was invited to New York to meet with Adrian Veidt, now revealed as the man behind Ozymandias, and then to MIT.

At MIT, AJ studied Physics and Quantum Physics, earning a Doctorate, and Masters Degrees in Engineering and Parapsycology, an emerging science.
At University AJ continued his studies in Martial Arts and Kung Fu.
Graduating in 1984, he was immediately hired by Veidt for the Company's R&D division, not far outside New York, put in a team studying Doctor Manhattans Abilities.

On November 2 1985, AJ's father was visiting AJ in New York, when "The Squid" hit, they were both far enough away from Ground Zero to survive, but close enough to be badly affected, AJ's father was brain damaged in the attack, but somehow AJ got away unscathed seeing grotesque visions from the alien entity, but not succumbing to them. he watched the devastation as he saw looters and criminal run rampant in the city, several times he tried to stop criminal steal or further hurt the wounded, he helped in the releif efforts, and from that day he vowed that he would spend his day's working to research ways to defend the human race from further alien attacks, and his nights fighting for good on the streets.

Convinced that the alien attack was sent by the god Shiva (the Destroyer), AJ had a spiritual awakening, believing his immunity was also a gift from the gods he set out to become a masked vigilate, and a tool or "Avatar" for the gods. he also believes that Doctor Manhattan's leaving earth was no coincidence and that Doctor Manhattan was the Avatar of Vishnu (the Maintainer) on Earth. and that the world has entered a new era, a clean slate, which it is his duty to maintain until DM's return.

Last edited by Avatar on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:24 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Archie
Admin
Archie

PostSubject: Re: Avatar, AJ Brentwood   Avatar, AJ Brentwood EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:33 am

Great character and history, Avatar, and welcome to Owlship!

Now you just need your namesake for a piccy and you're all set.

About time we got some lawful Good in here! Now I think we have the full set...
Back to top Go down
https://owlship.rpg-board.net
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Avatar, AJ Brentwood   Avatar, AJ Brentwood EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:20 am

Archie wrote:
Great character and history, Avatar, and welcome to Owlship!

Now you just need your namesake for a piccy and you're all set.

About time we got some lawful Good in here! Now I think we have the full set...

i'll get on the pic later, i tried looking for one i could use, but i think i'm going to have to make one. and i can't do that at work.

also i mihgt change a few of the superficial things in the character history, because my character kind of invented himself and i might have to modify him to make him easier to play as.

also, i've only ever done one RP like this before, and it was pretty relaxed, rule-wise. basically, i'm a bit of a n00b so go easy on me Very Happy

Edit: i got this pic of that guy from Avatar as a stnd in, but the more i think about it, the more i think i might keep it, i might modify it a bit, but i think it works for my character.
Back to top Go down
Archie
Admin
Archie

PostSubject: Re: Avatar, AJ Brentwood   Avatar, AJ Brentwood EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:38 am

Don't worry, this site is technically one big noob, so everyone's going easy.

The pic's fine as long as you have a good story to back it up, and your character history clearly isn't a rip-off of another franchise, so well bargained and done.
Back to top Go down
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Avatar, AJ Brentwood   Avatar, AJ Brentwood EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 12:25 pm

Archie wrote:
Don't worry, this site is technically one big noob, so everyone's going easy.

The pic's fine as long as you have a good story to back it up, and your character history clearly isn't a rip-off of another franchise, so well bargained and done.

well the justification is that he paints his face blue.you can't really see the ear, and the nose and size of the eyes you can ignore.
Back to top Go down
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Avatar, AJ Brentwood   Avatar, AJ Brentwood EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 5:41 am

i spent a little while last night warping it to look more human. so it looks a bit crap, but it's better than nothing right?

it's not so crap that it distracts people is it?
Back to top Go down
Archie
Admin
Archie

PostSubject: Re: Avatar, AJ Brentwood   Avatar, AJ Brentwood EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:24 am

Lol, it doesn't bother me!

And yes, it is better than nothing.

We all get avatar-conscious from time to time.

Now go RP.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar, AJ Brentwood   Avatar, AJ Brentwood Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Owlship :: Rules :: Character Creation-
Jump to: